SN: Solar Flares explode, SUN CAUTION

  • mysterygravity
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2006

              Ol Sol has decided to pump some X Class flares out at solar minimum. Very Interesting. Yes your computer may need a lead cover if you expect it to keep working very very soon. This is a very odd situation and there is some lack of full data due to some satellite failures and cut  backs on NASA FUNDING in last year. There have been some warnings from Australia, but were dismissed, now the truth is coming upon us. If you live in northern states Aurora may be visible tonight but the cosmic radiation is expected to grow rather rapidly over next week, even within days. If the Shuttle is launched it could endanger the lives of the astronauts, Those on the ISS may be in danger now. That may be alarmist but no one knows how far this could extend or what the near future holds. Power grids could fail potentially, the nearer to the poles the greater the effects on Earth may be. This bears watching, and exposure to cosmic radiation and xrays during daylight hours could approach burning levels soon if the flares don't weaken before we are in the track of a direct hit. This is merely some little reported news that I felt should be getting out, I will leave a wide number of links for you to study, and make up your own mind as to potentials. News links;

      First, let me give you the best most reliable source I know of at this time for raw data that is still functioning concerning Space Weather;

      http://www.spaceweather.com/

      NASA lost funding for monitoring solar cycles.
      http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/SunspotCycle.shtml

      EARLY Solar warning from Australia;
      http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/localnews/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3711535&thesection=localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

      Latest solar news on msnbc;
      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16059571/

      Russian Data on Solar Flares
      http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=17453

      Anyone with more data,  news, or experience with solar activity is asked to post as soon as possible on this topic.

                     Thank you,

                                  Mystery

    • mysterygravity
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2006

            News Update;

          Sun just released an X Class Flare (3) , this at a very unfortunate time as it is more in line for coronal mass ejection and radiation influences that will more adversly effect the Earth and very much more so the Astronauts on the Shuttle and ISS,  Data still being checked, as some equipment is still down from last X Class.Check  Spaceweather.Com link in last post and watch for news on your local information source as it becomes available.

        Mystery

        --- In gravitationalpropulsionstevenson@yahoogroups.com, "mysterygravity" <mysterystevenson1@...> wrote:

[...]

         http://www.spaceweather.com/ http://www.spaceweather.com/

        NASA lost funding for monitoring solar cycles.
        http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/SunspotCycle.shtmlhttp://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/SunspotCycle.shtml

        http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=17453 http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=17453