SN Gyro's being tested again on ISS

  • mysterygravity
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2006

      Just a quick note to let you know that there has been another test of the ISS gyros, I have a small link which I will give to you concerning public disclosure. First I feel I should mention that this test was only up to 500 rpm while operational speed is 6000 rpm. Anyone that has had the bearings going out on a wheel or universal joint knows that the vibrations get much worse as speed increases. Just a news update at an odd news site;

      http://www.playfuls.com/news_002927_NASA_Broadcasts_First_HDTV_Space_Program.html

      Mystery  B-)