Could someone repeat this experiment?

  • abelov0927
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2010

      Hi.

      Could someone repeat this experiment?
      http://knol.google.com/k/paradox-of-classical-mechanics-2#

      Thank you

      The Natural Experiment 2.

      3 successful experiments were conducted with 2 pencils.
      In these experiments pencils with rotation movement have lower velocity than pencils without rotation.

      Equipment:

      2 pencils thread and thin rubber band 3''
      The rubber band is repulsing 2 objects (2 pencils).
      The mass of the rubber band is much less that the mass of the pencil

      The following are the snapshots of the experiment dynamics.

      Links to experiments movies (avi files)
      Experiment 2_1
      Experiment 2_2
      Experiment 2_3

      Links to experiments pictures (zip files)
      Experiment 2_1
      Experiment 2_2
      Experiment 2_3

      The experiment results

       The translation velocity of non-rotating pencil has value -  2.88 m/s

      The translation velocity of rotating pencil has value -  2.17 m/s

      The translation velocity of rotating pencil 25% less than translation velocity of non-rotating pencil.

      Base on momentum equation (P=m*V) and law of momentum conservation this velocity deference should be in range of mass difference. In case if mass of pencils has difference about 5-10%, the translation velocity should have difference 5-10% also.

      However, the translation velocity has difference 25% on this experiment

      The translation velocities of these pencils are not equal.

      Conclusion

      The experiments using the pencils prove the theory that rotation with translation movement is standalone natural phenomenon. This new movement is shown to have its own law of momentum conservation. This theory conforms to the existing classical mechanics laws. This new theory that is framed through this experiment proves existing classical mechanics laws and gives additional natural phenomenon explanations.
    • abelov0927
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
        The problem is, the rotating pencil starts 2 motions in one time. Rather than non-rotating pencil starts just one motion.

        For rotating pencil:
        For each of motions (translation and rotation) need a force to accelerate the rotating pencil. The modern classic mechanic uses net force for sum of sub forces which spending to initiate one of the type of motions.

        However, these pencils take just one momentum from each other on ideal model(from rubber band on real experiment).

        Base on third Newtons Law, these pencils must cause forces with same value and opposite directions.

        For Non-Rotating pencil.
        Base on third Newton's law, this all net force is spending to accelerate pencil on just one type - the translation motion.

        Base on law of momentum conservation, these pencils must have identical by value translation velocities with opposite directions in case if both objects(pencils) conduct translation motion only. However, one of these objects(rotating pencil) conduct two motions together.

        I made my own theory about this case. I think, the nature has one more standalone motion which I call "Rotation with Translation Movement". Base on this theory the pencil with this "rotation with translation motion" will take a lower translation velocity than pencil with translation motion only. This experiment proves it.(for me)

        This paradox may be a clue for many unsolved things in physics world. It's simple. However, it may completely change a world.
        The classical mechanics describe motions base on single point objects.
        Here's complex object which conduct complex motion.

        Could someone repeat this experiment with high precision environment?