Re: FireFly self contained flying car/boat/motorcycle UPDATE

  • Michael Dennis Grissom
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 12, 2008
      --- In gravitationalpropulsionstevenson@yahoogroups.com, Michael
      Grissom <inventorgrissom@...> wrote:

      > 1977 is the date I designed the FireFly. I have 1005 inventions
      since my first in 1954 at age 8 and thus there are a few hundred ahead
      of in on my priority list. My plan for the FireFly is to dedicate it
      and an open source website to it and see if world wide talent can
      perfect it to a point where someone builds it. Meanwhile, 'back at the
      ranch', I'm really busy patenting and prototyping much smaller, less
      expensive inventions.

      wikinventions DOT com for NON PROFIT open source new product
      development. This is where I will submit the FireFly for development
      by round-the-world talent. I'll update here when the FireFly has been
      successfully submitted to that new site. I am finalizing the rotating
      3D surface model now. Steve is working on a way to display a rotating
      functional 3D model on the FireFly's front page if possible.

      Remember; the FireFly is completely self-contained (no removable
      parts). This is made possible by wing geometry that telescopes out
      perpendicularly to the wings cord.

      > I see a 1977 on the design for the firefly.Is that a
      number or the

      > date?So many inventions seem to be on the drawing board for so
      >
      > long.Shame we do not have a more rapid development and manufacturing
      >
      > system.Seems the government is against new ideas sometimes.

      > <!--
      >
      > #ygrp-mkp{
      0px;padding:0px 14px;}
      > #ygrp-mkp hr{
      > border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
      > #ygrp-mkp #hd{

      0px;}
      > #ygrp-mkp #ads{
> [...]
    • mysterygravity
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 18, 2009

        Yep Really,

        Check out this video from Yahoo! news about a new flying car
        that is working, flying, and ready to sell.
        Was only a matter of 'Time'...

        http://www.yahoo.com/s/1045376

        Mystery B-)
      • Jim S
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 7, 2010

              Just a quick update on Flying Cars:

          After Clearing the FAA, The Terrafugia Flying Car Gets Some Redesign

          "The Terrafugia Transition is definitely a strange model, folks–some call it a flying car with stars in their eyes and a wistful memory of The Jetsons bombing around in that high-altitude antigravity platform of theirs. Others call it a roadable aircraft, a much more utilitarian name for a car that does all this, but still viable. But whatever you call it, it's well on its way to us

          There have been significant redesigns to the fuselage, as you can see from the picture above. And of course, a variety of FAA-approved safety features have been installed for added value. They've altered the wing shape for better flying, improved the wing retraction mechanism, and even added crumple zones in the nose of the plane, just in case you should come down too hard on the landing. "

          And here is a link to a blog on this flying car as well as other links  to other flying cars, enjoy:

          http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/07/28/terrafugia-transitions-flying-car-gets-new-features-redesign-after-clearing-the-faa-the-terrafugia-flying-car-gets-some-redesign/

          Mystery  B-)

        • Jim S
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 23, 2011