Re: Gravitational Propulsion, SN GRAVITY NEWS 4

  • mysterygravity
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008

        Hello Norman,

               Alas while Chicken Little would not be able to fly if the sky had fallen, he/she can rest assured that for the very immediate future Gravity B's failure will not alter anything.In fact as Nature magazine has hinted lately;" Gravity B , so what?".

             GravityB or Gravity Probe B was an experimental research probe that  set out to challenge Einstein's Gravitational theories. Decades of research went into preparation of the experiment to decide if Time/Space frame dragging was really happening. Einstein's theories had one tiny "fudge" factor that has always worried scientists and so they put together this project that actually employed two space probes containing Gyroscopes that were said to be the most perfect gyroscopes ever built by humanity. Small spheres actually, that spun at high speeds and hoped to measure the effects of space/time and gravity as they were monitored in their respective orbits above the Earth.

          Unfortunately all the University's scientists and all of Nasa's Men couldn't get the data to fit expectations without far more massive fudge factors than Einstein had ever used, when he only employed his brain.My my. Not amazing that the funding was cut despite the best political spin placed on the Gyro data by the scientists. A rather big let down all around.

           Such a heavy issue this Gravity thing, seems to have a mass of it's own.And such warped thinking, I am reminded of a clock trying to go faster than the speed of light and saying over and over; "so little  time, so little time".So perhaps this is good news after all, as no more money will be spent on something that is flawed from concept, and Gravity gets to stay just the way it has been in the past. No need to fear of adjusting our scales to Gravity Savings plan C as well, whew.

          On the serious side here is a link to the University's spin on the whole issue;

      http://einstein.stanford.edu/index.html

          To them, there is indeed a certain amount of Gravity to this Matter. (They will lose money)

         Thanks for your take on this heavy matter, it needed a lighter approach thinks I.

      Mystery B-)

      PS;

      There are more links about this subject in our links section at the group's main page, just click on the links section on the left hand there.

      --- In gravitationalpropulsionstevenson@yahoogroups.com, "Norman Swartz" <vecr@...> wrote:

       Dear Jim: I got your email today with the latest "gravity news". Not having a lot of time to read about all of the latest news about gravity, I just scanned quickly down the page, with all 18 or so links. Of course the news that "Gravity B" may lose funding caught my attention immediately. This sounds really urgent, although I'm not sure what gravity B actually is. Why, I've not even heard of Gravity A! (How many kinds of gravity are there?) Without taking the time to open the link and read the grave news, I was thinking that "gravity A" must be the natural (free) kind, and that "gravity B" must be the government sponsored kind.  That's why there's a crisis, if it is about to lose funding, and the Congress might have to pass a special appropriation to make sure that funding continues. (What happens if gravity B runs out of funding? Will we all fly off the earth?) Perhaps there is a special private fund to save gravity. When the news of the gravity crisis hits the conventional news media, then I will most definitely read about it. But in the meantime, thanks for the advance warning. Where can I send my contribution to help save gravity? Maybe I had better start an internet fund to collect emergency donations... and in the meantime, you can tell me where to send the money when I get it. I'll be sure and forward anything that is left after "expenses." I guess I can no longer rest content in the last headline that I saw on the subject: "30,000 years and still no good news!" But thanx for the warning.

      Norman

      P.S.(Does Chicken Little have anthing to do with this?)

    • Michael D. Grissom
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
        This is old news guys. This Chicken Little conspiracy has been around for a long time. I first heard it from my mom about 55 years ago. Even then I was smart enough to know that if gravity effected air then the air wouldn't be up in the sky! DUH! ;)

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 18, 2008

                 Is science challenging gravity and reality itself??? Just for fun check this out and see what take you have ;

          http://www.thetechlounge.com/news/12857/Physicists+Break+Laws+Flaunt+AntiGravity/

          Mystery  B-)