SN; Flying Cars... really ???

  • mysterygravity
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2007

              Just had to post this link on a flying car concept. Interesting, of course I will insist on a solar powered electric version.

      http://www.slipperybrick.com/2007/10/pal-v-one-flying-car/

      :)

      Mystery  B-)

    • Michael Grissom
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 3, 2007

        I assume you've seen my vehicle  that's a no compromise cross between a car, boat, motorcycle, and airplane with everything internal (no attachments necessary)?  If not, let me know and I'll send you the 3D.

                Just had to post this link on a flying car concept. Interesting, of course I will insist on a solar powered electric version.

        http://www.slippery brick.com/ 2007/10/pal- v-one-flying- car/

        :)

        Mystery  B-)

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • mysterygravity
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 3, 2007
          Note; there was a reply from Pelrod that somehow had an error and was
          lost but I have a copy of it's essence;
          Now that I would like to see.

          Perry
        • pelrod
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
            Hi,

            Michael said he sent a word doc to you with 3D and description. Could you
            forward that to me? Thank you.

            Perry

            > Note; there was a reply from Pelrod that somehow had an error and was
            > lost but I have a copy of it's essence;
            > Now that I would like to see.
            >
            > Perry

            Nannyism is no better now that it was then:

            "Those who have given themselves
            the most concern about the happiness of peoples have made
            their neighbors very miserable." --Anatole France
          • mysterygravity
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007

              Soon as;

              Meanwhile;

              An old photo of an old photo;

              GYROCAR

              gyrocar.jpg Photo/Photo=Gyrocar picture by mysterystevenson

              Mystery

              ________________________________

              --- In gravitationalpropulsionstevenson@yahoogroups.com, "pelrod" <pelrod@...> wrote:
               Hi,
               Michael said he sent a word doc to you with 3D and description.
              Could you
              forward that to me?
              Thank you.
               Perry

              _______________________________

            • mysterygravity
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007

                copasetic;

                enroute ;

                Meanwhile the jpg to Michaels creation;

                FireFly;

                firefly.jpg picture by mysterystevenson

                '

                MysteryStevensonSignature1.jpg picture by mysterystevenson

              • George
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 7, 2007
                  I see a 1977 on the design for the firefly.Is that a number or the
                  date?So many inventions seem to be on the drawing board for so
                  long.Shame we do not have a more rapid development and manufacturing
                  system.Seems the government is against new ideas sometimes.
                • Michael Grissom
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 7, 2007

                     1977 is the date I designed the FireFly. I have 1005 inventions since my first in 1954 at age 8 and thus there are a few hundred ahead of in on my priority list. My plan for the FireFly is to dedicate it and an open source website to it and see if world wide talent can perfect it to a point where someone builds it. Meanwhile, 'back at the ranch', I'm really busy patenting and prototyping much smaller, less expensive inventions.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 15, 2007

                      More flying cars for your Christmas wish lists;

                      http://www.gizmowatch.com/entry/top-ten-flying-cars/

                      Enjoy,

                      Mystery

                    • mysterygravity
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 18, 2008

                             This just out from Yahoo! News; a whole section devoted to flying cars and plenty of  videos too. Enjoy, and keep thinking of a better way.

                        http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/173/flying_cars

                        Mystery B-)

                      • Michael Dennis Grissom
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 12, 2008
                          --- In gravitationalpropulsionstevenson@yahoogroups.com, Michael
                          Grissom <inventorgrissom@...> wrote:

                          > 1977 is the date I designed the FireFly. I have 1005 inventions
                          since my first in 1954 at age 8 and thus there are a few hundred ahead
                          of in on my priority list. My plan for the FireFly is to dedicate it
                          and an open source website to it and see if world wide talent can
                          perfect it to a point where someone builds it. Meanwhile, 'back at the
                          ranch', I'm really busy patenting and prototyping much smaller, less
                          expensive inventions.

                          wikinventions DOT com for NON PROFIT open source new product
                          development. This is where I will submit the FireFly for development
                          by round-the-world talent. I'll update here when the FireFly has been
                          successfully submitted to that new site. I am finalizing the rotating
                          3D surface model now. Steve is working on a way to display a rotating
                          functional 3D model on the FireFly's front page if possible.

                          Remember; the FireFly is completely self-contained (no removable
                          parts). This is made possible by wing geometry that telescopes out
                          perpendicularly to the wings cord.

                          > I see a 1977 on the design for the firefly.Is that a
                          number or the

                          > date?So many inventions seem to be on the drawing board for so
                          >
                          > long.Shame we do not have a more rapid development and manufacturing
                          >
                          > system.Seems the government is against new ideas sometimes.

                          > <!--
                          >
                          > #ygrp-mkp{
                          0px;padding:0px 14px;}
                          > #ygrp-mkp hr{
                          > border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
                          > #ygrp-mkp #hd{

                          0px;}
                          > #ygrp-mkp #ads{
> [...]
                        • mysterygravity
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 18 5:24 PM

                            Yep Really,

                            Check out this video from Yahoo! news about a new flying car
                            that is working, flying, and ready to sell.
                            Was only a matter of 'Time'...

                            http://www.yahoo.com/s/1045376

                            Mystery B-)
                          • Jim S
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 7, 2010

                                  Just a quick update on Flying Cars:

                              After Clearing the FAA, The Terrafugia Flying Car Gets Some Redesign

                              "The Terrafugia Transition is definitely a strange model, folks–some call it a flying car with stars in their eyes and a wistful memory of The Jetsons bombing around in that high-altitude antigravity platform of theirs. Others call it a roadable aircraft, a much more utilitarian name for a car that does all this, but still viable. But whatever you call it, it's well on its way to us

                              There have been significant redesigns to the fuselage, as you can see from the picture above. And of course, a variety of FAA-approved safety features have been installed for added value. They've altered the wing shape for better flying, improved the wing retraction mechanism, and even added crumple zones in the nose of the plane, just in case you should come down too hard on the landing. "

                              And here is a link to a blog on this flying car as well as other links  to other flying cars, enjoy:

                              http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/07/28/terrafugia-transitions-flying-car-gets-new-features-redesign-after-clearing-the-faa-the-terrafugia-flying-car-gets-some-redesign/

                              Mystery  B-)

                            • Jim S
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 23, 2011