Re: Shuttle return and ISS

  • mysterygravity
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2007

      Just wanted to post a few last details before I spend more time on my work, and a little less here for a bit. This concerns the Shuttle Atlantis again and it's great landing in the Mohave Desert after having had some problems with a bit of thermal blanket. Wanted to mention that they brought back with them Sunita Williams, who set a new record for time spent in Space by a Woman. Great ! Here's a news link to the landing;

       Also wanted to mention some of the issues on the ISS; in numerous scientific reports there have been small references to 4 Gyroscopes, almost as though all are in fine shape, and the only issue was a reboot on the computers that control them. Well they overloaded the 3 CMG's that are working when the mass of the Shuttle and additions were docked and if another CMG goes bad then attitude control will be marginal at best with only two working. 1 CMG has been up there since the very beginning, so this is an issue. Also despite what was reported more than a reboot was needed, rewiring was and is an issue on the computer systems, see;

      http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070616/NEWS02/706160332/1007

         Also for even more in depth review of the ISS/Computer situation and overall considerations see;

      http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=1784

      Mystery   B-)