Sample files don't validate

  • Charlie Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2003
      I can't get the "Fells Loop" sample file at

      http://www.topografix.com/fells_loop.gpx

      to validate against the SAX2Count.exe program contained in the archive
      at

      http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/stable/xerces-c2_4_0-windows_nt-
      msvc_60.zip

      It spits out a few hundred errors, starting with this one:

      Error at file C:\...\feels_loop.gpx, line 1, char 65
      Message: Unknown element 'gpx'

      So I'm pretty much stuck. I can't get my own GPX files to validate, but
      I can't debug the problem, since I can't get the sample file to
      validate either. Anyone have an idea where my problem is?

      Thanks,
      Charlie

      --

      Charlie Wood
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2003
        Hello Charlie,

        Sunday, December 28, 2003, 9:48:18 AM, you wrote:

        C> I can't get the "Fells Loop" sample file at

        C> http://www.topografix.com/fells_loop.gpx

        C> to validate against the SAX2Count.exe program contained in the archive
        C> at

        C> http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/stable/xerces-c2_4_0-windows_nt-
        C> msvc_60.zip

        C> It spits out a few hundred errors, starting with this one:

        C> Error at file C:\...\feels_loop.gpx, line 1, char 65
        C> Message: Unknown element 'gpx'

        C> So I'm pretty much stuck. I can't get my own GPX files to validate, but
        C> I can't debug the problem, since I can't get the sample file to
        C> validate either. Anyone have an idea where my problem is?

        C> Thanks,
        C> Charlie

        What are the command line parameters you are using? Try running
        saxcount -? to see the full list of parameters. I seem to recall that
        one of the flags (-s maybe) has changed meaning since I wrote the
        directions for validation.

        Let me know what you find.

        TopoGrafix - GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps
        http://www.topografix.com - mailto:egroups@...