Adding generic attributes

  • phopfgartner
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
      I need to export all feature attributes in a GPX file.

      Is there a canonical way to do this and is there an accepted XSD Schema to use from within the extensions element?

      I could adapt the relevant parts of the KML 2.2 schema, see https://developers.google.com/kml/documentation/extendeddata, but for the sake of interoperability, I'd like to know if something in that direction already exists.

      Reagrds,

      Peter
    • Joshua Judson Rosen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2013
        "phopfgartner" <phopfgartner@...> writes:

        > I need to export all feature attributes in a GPX file.

        All feature attributes of *what*?

        It's hard to recommend a schema for encoding some set of attributes
        without having any idea what those attributes *are*....

        > Is there a canonical way to do this and is there an accepted XSD
        > Schema to use from within the extensions element?
        >
        > I could adapt the relevant parts of the KML 2.2 schema, see https://developers.google.com/kml/documentation/extendeddata, but for the sake of interoperability, I'd like to know if something in that direction already exists.
        >
        > Reagrds,
        >
        > Peter

      • phopfgartner
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013
          --- In gpsxml@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Judson Rosen <Rozzin@...> wrote:

          > "phopfgartner" <phopfgartner@...> writes:
          > >
          > > I need to export all feature attributes in a GPX file.
          >
          > All feature attributes of *what*?
          >
          > It's hard to recommend a schema for encoding some set of attributes
          > without having any idea what those attributes *are*....
          >
          > > Is there a canonical way to do this and is there an accepted XSD
          > > Schema to use from within the extensions element?
          > >
          > > I could adapt the relevant parts of the KML 2.2 schema, see https://developers.google.com/kml/documentation/extendeddata, but for the sake of interoperability, I'd like to know if something in that direction already exists.

          This is the exactly the point of the ExtendedData element in KML. As an example:

          <ExtendedData>
          <Data name="GEMEINDE">
          <value>MERAN</value>
          </Data>
          <Data name="COMUNE">
          <value>MERANO</value>
          </Data>
          <Data name="STRASSE">
          <value>REICHSTRASSE</value>
          </Data>
          <Data name="STRADA">
          <value>VIA NAZIONALE</value>
          </Data>
          <Data name="HAUSNUMMER">
          <value>103</value>
          </Data>
          <Data name="STR_KODEX">
          <value>412</value>
          </Data>
          <Data name="GEM_KODEX">
          <value>21051</value>
          </Data>
          </ExtendedData>

          Basically, this allows to attach any kinf of attributes to a geometry.

          Obviously, I could easily extractpart of the KML schema. Anyway, if something similar does already exists, I would prefer, for the sake of compatibility, prefer to use existsing schemas.

          Regards,

          Peter