Typo in GPX 1.1 spec?

  • Matt Hoover
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2013
      I was just going through the GPX 1.1 spec for the first time.

      It says this for rtept:

      <xsd:element name="rtept" type="wptType" minOccurs="0"
      maxOccurs="unbounded">
      <xsd:annotation>
      <xsd:documentation>
      A list of route points.
      </xsd:documentation>
      </xsd:annotation>
      </xsd:element>

      Isn't a rtept a *single* point, as opposed to a *list* of points?

      For example, the trkpt defines itself as follows:

      "A Track Point holds the coordinates, elevation, timestamp, and metadata
      for a single point in a track."

      That seems much more logical.

      I apologize if this has been brought up before. I searched the list of

    • Robert Lipe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2013
        Yes, that's probably effectively a typo. The "obvious" definition applies.
        A route is an array of routepoints, just like a track is an array of
        trackpoints. (Well, a track is an array of trksegs which are arrays of
        trackpoints...)