GPX schema problem

  • procarrie
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31 10:49 PM
      Hi all.
      I have a problem about GPX schema.

      I want to use "link" tag and "extensions" tag.
      But when I tried to create GPX file including link tag on Altova XMLSpy,
      error message was appeared "This file is not valid! If you save the file in its current state, other XML processors may have a problem opening the file".

      I checked gpx.xsd supported by XMLSpy, there's no link tag.
      It has only ele/time/magvar/geoidheight/name/cmt/desc/src/url/urlname/sym/type/fix/sat/hdop/vdop/pdop/ageofdgpsdata/dgpsid.

      GPX schema version is 1.1 released 2004. So is it too old?
      Please answer me.

      Thanks in advanced.
      Best Regards.

      Kevin Lee.
    • Scorpio
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2012
        Looks like your tool is referencing v1.0 of the schema instead of v1.1. You can take a look at both versions of the schema online

        http://www.topografix.com/gpx/1/0/gpx.xsd
        http://www.topografix.com/gpx/1/1/gpx.xsd

        Assuming you're talking about the wpt element, v1.1 includes a "link" element, while v1.0 includes "url".

        --- In gpsxml@yahoogroups.com, "procarrie" <procarrie@...> wrote:

        > Hi all.
        > I have a problem about GPX schema.
        >
        > I want to use "link" tag and "extensions" tag.
        > But when I tried to create GPX file including link tag on Altova XMLSpy,
        > error message was appeared "This file is not valid! If you save the file in its current state, other XML processors may have a problem opening the file".
        >
        > I checked gpx.xsd supported by XMLSpy, there's no link tag.
        > It has only ele/time/magvar/geoidheight/name/cmt/desc/src/url/urlname/sym/type/fix/sat/hdop/vdop/pdop/ageofdgpsdata/dgpsid.
        >
        > GPX schema version is 1.1 released 2004. So is it too old?
        > Please answer me.
        >
        > Thanks in advanced.
        > Best Regards.
        >
        > Kevin Lee.

      • d_mcgahey
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2012
          Hi Kevin-

          Take a look at the Altova blog post on GPX from last March at:

          http://blog.altova.com/2012/03/global-positioning-of-xml.html

          The first two screen shots of XML snippets illustrate how Garmin implements the <link> tag on line 6 and the <extensions> tag on line 83736 in the second shot.

          The Garmin extensions are defined in the Garmin extensions schema referenced in line 2.

          You can open the extensions schema directly from:

          http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GpxExtensionsv3.xsd

          I hope this helps with your project.

          Best regards,

          David McGahey