Adding POI data to existing GPX based on distance

  • James
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      I have a GPX file that currently has a track defined by waypoints (I believe somewhere in the neighborhood of 1400 of them) and that is all. I'd like to add some POI data to the file, but want to do it by distance. For example, I'd like to declare the first waypoint the beginning, and then add a POI, say... 20 miles from the beginning of the track. And another at maybe 35 miles up the track, etc,etc...
      I have had no problem adding POI using various GPX editors out there, but I can't find a way to add the distance up by measuring the distance between each waypoint and setting the POI based on that (well, without manually calculating the distance between each lat/long by hand and adding it!). Can anyone help me out with any ideas? Many thanks!!
      -James