not supported in GPX 1.1 ?

  • Luc Le Blanc
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2010
      Hi,

      I recently added a timestamp to my GPX export, only to learn it was
      rejected by MapSource, and also by the SaxCount.exe validator. My
      header goes like this

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" standalone="no" ?>
      <gpx version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1"
      creator="Auriga 1.24a http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga"
      xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1
      http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd">
      <time>2010-07-12T13:25:40Z</time>

      Oddly, if I switch to GPX 1.0, it works. Is <time> no longer supported in 1.1?

      Regards,

      --
      Luc Le Blanc
      http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2010
        On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:50 AM, Luc Le Blanc <speleoluc@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I recently added a timestamp to my GPX export, only to learn it was
        > rejected by MapSource, and also by the SaxCount.exe validator. My
        > header goes like this
        >
        > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" standalone="no" ?>
        > <gpx version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1"
        > creator="Auriga 1.24a http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga"
        > xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1
        > http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd">
        > <time>2010-07-12T13:25:40Z</time>
        >
        > Oddly, if I switch to GPX 1.0, it works. Is <time> no longer supported in
        > 1.1?

        Time is supported. Look in the XSD.

        Most likely, you have it out of order or have created a malformed time
        entry, but since you didn't include a full sample, we can't comment
        authoritatively.

        RJL

      • Luc Le Blanc
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2010
          2010/7/13 Robert Lipe <robertlipe@...>:
          > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:50 AM, Luc Le Blanc <speleoluc@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> I recently added a timestamp to my GPX export, only to learn it was
          >> rejected by MapSource, and also by the SaxCount.exe validator. My
          >> header goes like this
          >>
          >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" standalone="no" ?>
          >> <gpx version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1"
          >> creator="Auriga 1.24a http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga"
          >> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1
          >> http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd">
          >> <time>2010-07-12T13:25:40Z</time>
          >>
          >> Oddly, if I switch to GPX 1.0, it works. Is <time> no longer supported in
          >> 1.1?
          >

          > Time is supported.  Look in the XSD.
          >
          > Most likely, you have it out of order or have created a malformed time
          > entry, but since you didn't include a full sample, we can't comment
          > authoritatively.
          >

          > RJL

          Here are 2 files, one in GPX 1.0, the other in GPX 1.1. Note that just
          adding </gpx> at the end of the header above also produced a full
          sample, albeit empty.

          The 1.0 file is OK, not the 1.1. The only change is the GPX version.

          Regards,

          --
          Luc Le Blanc
          http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13, 2010
            Hello,

            Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 5:50:13 AM, Luc wrote:

            > Hi,

            > I recently added a timestamp to my GPX export, only to learn it was
            > rejected by MapSource, and also by the SaxCount.exe validator. My
            > header goes like this

            > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" standalone="no" ?>
            > <gpx version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1"
            > creator="Auriga 1.24a http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga"
            > xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1
            > http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd">
            > <time>2010-07-12T13:25:40Z</time>

            > Oddly, if I switch to GPX 1.0, it works. Is <time> no longer supported in 1.1?

            <time> lives inside <metadata> in GPX 1.1

            GPX documents contain a metadata header, followed by waypoints,
            routes, and tracks. You can add your own elements to the extensions section of the GPX document.

          • Luc Le Blanc
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 13, 2010
              2010/7/13 Dan Foster <egroups@...>:
              > Hello,
              >
              > Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 5:50:13 AM, Luc wrote:
              >

              >> Hi,
              >
              >> I recently added a timestamp to my GPX export, only to learn it was
              >> rejected by MapSource, and also by the SaxCount.exe validator. My
              >> header goes like this
              >
              >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" standalone="no" ?>
              >> <gpx version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1"
              >> creator="Auriga 1.24a http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga"
              >> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1
              >> http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd">
              >> <time>2010-07-12T13:25:40Z</time>
              >
              >> Oddly, if I switch to GPX 1.0, it works. Is <time> no longer supported in 1.1?
              >
              > <time> lives inside <metadata> in GPX 1.1
              >
              > GPX documents contain a metadata header, followed by waypoints,
              > routes, and tracks. You can add your own elements to the extensions section of the GPX document.
              >

              > --
              > Dan Foster

              You mean my <time>2010-07-12T13:25:40Z</time> line should be inside
              the <gps> tag, or I must use a time="" format inside the <gpx> tag?

              --
              Luc Le Blanc
              http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga