Who gets the credit?

  • keyork@xtra.co.nz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2009
      Hi,

      I intend to use the GPX 1.1 standard for a project I'm doing in aid of my Master's Thesis. I see that the release date is August 9, 2004. Since it is the result of open development who or what should I credit as author/owner? My bibliography wants to know.

      Thanks
      Ken
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2009
        Hello Ken,

        Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 12:50:38 AM, Keyork wrote:

        > I intend to use the GPX 1.1 standard for a project I'm doing in aid
        > of my Master's Thesis. I see that the release date is August 9,
        > 2004. Since it is the result of open development who or what should
        > I credit as author/owner? My bibliography wants to know.

        All contributions to the GPX standard were made through this
        discussion forum. My wife, an editor, suggests that you cite the
        author as GPX Developers Forum, or simply omit the author (ask your
        advisor what he wants to see). If you include a URL, I'd suggest
        http://www.topografix.com/gpx, since that leads to the best
        information about the GPX standard. Or link to the GPX 1.1 schema, at
        http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd. The direct link to the