Re: interactive GPX editor on Mac OS X

  • gregmtnbike
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2009
      To take this one step further if you click (select) a point in the text version that point
      should be highlighted on the map, and visa versa.

      I'd also like to see speed, elevation, and slope plots. These would require smoothing
      options (something like least square fits over 3 to x points.

      Working with Google Earth would be nice. But GE is pretty hopeless in dealing with
      multiple saved items. To explain a bit: if I want to save a bunch of tracks as bike rides, but
      then want to later further subdivide them by region. I may or may not want the stored
      waypoints in each gpx file. Or I may want to see all from a certain time span. Think Smart

      Average tracks together. Maybe I've done something five times and want to combine the
      tracks into one averaged together track.

      I'd never heard of AIR, but it would have to respect the Mac Open Dialog. Java apps don't
      and it makes them hard to use. I use Default Folder and expect to be able to go back to
      the folder I was in, even if it's on another volume. In other words it should also work with
      Default Folder.

      Good luck. Looking forward to a good gpx app.

      --- In gpsxml@yahoogroups.com, paul <paul@...> wrote:
      > I haven't worked long enough with GPX Editor to say what I like or not.
      > I'm rather looking for following functionality.
      > a) correcting a path
      > If I'm recording tracks sometimes the data are not completely correct.
      > So I want to edit/correct them before publishing.
      > I prefer to do this in a graphical way by dragging the path on a map.
      > b) completing a path
      > When I pause the tracking due to a stop for eating/drinking, I
      > sometimes forget to restart the tracking device, resulting in a gap in
      > my track.
      > I want to connect these different disconnected paths also by drawing
      > on a map.
      > So it comes down, as Lisa said, to adding and deleting points,
      > simplifying, merging and splitting paths, but using as much as
      > possible a drawing mode on a map.
      > I look forward to test the AIR app.
      > Regards,
      > Paul
    • williammodesitt
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 25 3:56 PM
        Six years later, and there's now a GPX Editor for the Mac:
        I'm the developer of the app, so if anyone has used this product please let me know what you think.  It's at version 1.2 now, but v1.3 will be posted within a day or so.  I'm always looking for ways to make it better.