Tracklogs .trl to .gpx format conversion

  • James Carlyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hi

      The one function that I want to add to http://routeburner.com is the
      ability to accept Tracklogs .trl files. Unfortunately this seems to be
      an undocumented proprietary binary format. Can anyone point me to any
      documentation for the format, or an open source conversion or reading
      tool? The jackpot would be a .trl to .gpx conversion tool.

      GpsBabel does not support .trl - and the only 3rd party tool I have
      found that does is GpsUtility, again closed source.

      Many thanks if you can help

      James
      --
      James Carlyle
      +44 7816 520775
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
        > The one function that I want to add to http://routeburner.com is
        the
        > ability to accept Tracklogs .trl files. Unfortunately this seems to
        be
        > an undocumented proprietary binary format. Can anyone point me to
        any
        > documentation for the format, or an open source conversion or
        reading
        > tool?

        Current Tracklogs .trl files are gzip-compressed and hex-encoded XML,
        contained within a simple XML wrapper. To read them, convert the hex
        string inside the Data tags to binary, then gzuncompress it. You then
        have undocumented-but-easy-to-read XML.

        Shout if you need more help with this, I have a PHP class that reads
        .trl files.

        Anthony