Re: [gpsstash] Cache vs. Stash

  • David J. Ulmer
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2000
      Matt, your right ! Cache is better than Stash ! Stash does have that illegal
      tinge to it that has bothered me all along..

      OK, I'm game to go geocaching and change my stashes to geochaches. All I
      need to do now is remember how to spell it and type it :)

      Dave...

      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2000
        Dave, remember your original name for the thing was "Global Positioning
        Stash Hunt (GPSH)"

        what's wrong with that?

        Mike Teague - http://www.triax.com/yngwie
        GPS Stash Hunt Homepage - http://www.triax.com/yngwie/gps.html

        >Matt, your right ! Cache is better than Stash ! Stash does have that
        illegal
        >tinge to it that has bothered me all along..
        >
        >OK, I'm game to go geocaching and change my stashes to geochaches. All I
        >need to do now is remember how to spell it and type it :)
        >
        >Dave...

      • Mike Teague
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2000
          Actually, now that I think of it, maybe just shorten it to global
          positioning hunt.

        • Macdlr@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2000
            Hi all-
            My name is Darin and I'm new to the list. I have been involved with GPS
            since before it was know as GPS, on the military side. I am also an
            instructor on GPS systems in the military (PLGR, E-PLGR, HAVQUICK, etc.). I
            think you guys are on the right track and I'm looking forward to getting more
            involved.
            I have been reading your posts about the name. Frankly, I don't care what
            It's called. But if you ask me, something more discriptive yet uncomplicated
            would get my vote. But, like I said, it really doesn't matter to me. And I
            think once the name gets out to the greater civilian GPS user community, it
            will get much more popular, regardless of what you call it.
            I have realized what a great asset GPS is to all. I wish that someday GPS
            will be a household name. In fact, when I transferred to other military units
            who where not up to speed on GPS, I would give a short demonstration to
            Commanders using a NON-military receiver (Magellan GPS 2000). I would say
            that not one commander could come up with a good reason for not
            requisitioning them through supply. Most units I left were fully GPS capable
            and trained.
            My point is this- The more people we turn on to this, the more the sport
            will grow. Have you told all of your friends about this?

            Gotta go.
            Darin