GPS Stash home page

  • Pierre Cao
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2000
      The URL of the GPS Stash home page yields a 404-not found error.
      http://www.triax.com/yngwie/gps.html

      Is it a transient error or was the page moved?

      Cheers.

      Pierre

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2000
        Yesterday it looked like the site had gone down, so I sent Mike an email. I
        also noticed that the root of the site looks like the machine went through a
        reinstall. Haven't heard anything more.

        I was hoping to wait until there was more functionality available, but I
        might as well plug Geocaching.com - All the stashes are available on the
        site (and hopefully current), and I added some new capabilities to help you
        find each stash. Some of the stuff works (like you can log a find online)
        but some of the administration of your own stashes doesn't work quite yet.
        Any input would be appreciated.

        The geocaching phenomenon is starting to get too big to maintain on multiple
        sites - hopefully I can add some functionality to take it to the next level
        and make it easier to grow. I already talked to Mike Teague via e-mail and
        he likes the direction so far. Let me know what you think!

        New capabilities:
        Nearest placenames (US only - trying to get other country data) to caches
        Closest caches by zip code (US only again)
        All caches have their own page with mapping data.
        You can log a cache online (owners of caches will be able to remove bogus
        logs)

        Will be adding the ability to add your own stashes, update content, add
        pictures of your visits, etc.

        http://www.geocaching.com
        (it also works at www.geocashing.com - the way it sounds)

        Cheers,

        Jeremy

        > I noticed at Home Depot this past weekend that in the paint department
        they
        > have 5 quart buckets and have lids that fit them (I looked and asked a
        month
        > ago and was told they only have lids for 5 gallon buckets). But yes, it
        > doesn't have to be a bucket, just something to keep the majority of the
        > elements out.
        >
        > I'm looking at putting out another stash soon. This one will be nearby
        where
        > you can see the dishes that control the birds your receiver uses...
        >
        > Also will be going to San Francisco in October and will try to put a stash
        out
        > while I'm there (just depends on how much time I'll have).
        >
        > --
        > Michael M. Frazier email: MikeFrazier@...
        > Colorado Springs, CO AOL IM: frazierm99

      • Richard Ames
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2000
          I suspect he (they) are having computer problems..... if you look at
          www.triax.com you get a directory and at www.triax.com/it/ you get the
          Apache Web sever greeting pages. 24 hours ago you got nothing.

          So I would say a fix is in progress.....

          R,

          Richard

          <snip>

          > The URL of the GPS Stash home page yields a 404-not found error.
          > http://www.triax.com/yngwie/gps.html
          >
          > Is it a transient error or was the page moved?
          <cut>
        • Mike Teague
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2000
            alright, looks like at least my mail is back up.. SOrry I couldn't get back
            to everyone who thought I'd bailed out! heheh.... I haven't been able to
            send mail for several days..

            ISP is slow to fix problems, apparently...

            Mike Teague - http://www.triax.com/yngwie
            GPS Stash Hunt (Geocache) Homepage - http://www.triax.com/yngwie/gps.html