Some of the links

  • hack1of2
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2012
      The LINKS and FILES sections of GPSSTASH are pretty dated and could use a little spring cleaning. When I clicked on the LINKS section, only a few of the 14 links work anymore and most of the rest could be deleted. With the FILES section, all of them work, and even though they are somewhat obsolete, they have "historical" significance so I think it would be nice to keep them, since they point back to geocaching's roots. No so with the links. Some of them point to online stores that are long gone, or someone's webpage that no longer exists.

      On a similar subject, I was hoping to post a few links myself to geocaching-related sites. It appears that posting links has been disabled, as well as uploading files. I'd welcome posting them if my membership status for uploads is changed by one of the moderators, but understand if they would prefer to keep that section inactive and dead to reflect what it was like back in 2001. I'm a moderator for three other Yahoo groups, so I can relate to Yahoo groups management ;-)
    • gc_scout
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12, 2012
        "hack1of2" <hack1of2@...> wrote:
        > The LINKS and FILES sections of GPSSTASH are pretty dated
        > and could use a little spring cleaning.

        I cleaned up the links page. I left a few broken links because they go back to the earliest days of geocaching. Perhaps you can still find what the linked-to sites looked like at the time on the Wayback Machine.

        I'll do the same to the files, removing any that look unrelated to geocaching.

        --
        Scout