Re: How does this game work. Im in Naples Florida

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
      --- In gpsstash@yahoogroups.com, "laactorguy" <laactorguy@...> wrote:

      > How does this game work. Im in Naples Florida, can someone send me
      on an assignment.

      > Tell me how to do play... Love to try it..
      >
      > Thanks
      > GARY

      Hi Gary and Happy New Year!

      The best way to find out about how this game works is go to
      www.geocaching.com for starters. On the left hand side of the screen,
      select the first option on the sidebar menu that says "Getting
      Started". You can navigate your way from there and the page explains
      what geocaching is all about. It's free to play and signing up for an
      account is also free. All you'll really need to buy is a hand-held
      GPS receiver so you can go to the coordinates listed on the cache
      pages. The game is a fun one to play and it can be enjoyed by
      everyone in the family. Good luck!

      John
      Team Bucky
    • Paul L Hutley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
        Gary,

        It is a simple game. Someone goes out and hide a container with a log
        book inside and if big enough some other stuff for trade. They then mark
        the location using a GPS receiver. Then they upload the location to some
        web site and do a write up on the cache. Then others get on the web site
        and get the location and then go out and try to find it.

        The number one web site to use is http://www.geocaching.com Their are
        other listing site but they do not have the near the amount of caches as
        Geocache.com does.

        I hope that helps. If not feel free to email me.

        kf4oox - Paul