Re: Anyone out there?

  • Doug Adomatis
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 28, 2004
      gpsstash'ers,
      Here is my response to Scout's roll call:
      My first geocache was placed in Jan 2001. It was the first of many I
      placed on a binge that I went on placing caches all over the country
      (I traveled a lot then on business). I still claim that I've placed
      10, found 0. Many of the 10 are now being maintained by others.
      When I started placing caches I didn't realize that maintaining them
      would be such a big issue.
      I never found any 'caches because I never went looking for any. I
      had limited time to dedicate to the sport and found it more exciting
      to place caches. However, my son is getting old enough and we've
      gone out a few times with the GPS. The Ritz Camera geo-photo hunt
      was easy for us to do together. I trust that soon we'll log our
      first real find.
      I've made a few post's to this group, start back in 2002. Usually
      announcing some new content at my web site - Travel by GPS
      (www.travelbygps.com).
      All are invited for a first visit or just to catch-up on what's
      changed. Don't miss my "stash" page:
      http://www.travelbygps.com/geocache.php
      Regards
      "adomatis"
      Leave only footprints, take only data.
    • Galon
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 2, 2004
        my first cache find, listed on geocaching.com, is
        9-2001. I have a friend who started out crazy, and
        still is crazy, about this sport. She got me started.
        I don't believe I've ever posted to this list, but
        have kept up with the messages.
        -Galphoto
        PS- hello Glenn, from Springfield, MO

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail