Happy July!

  • Scout
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
      OK, it's July and I can't bear to see this old group risk going a
      whole month without a post, so I'm going to get one posted early.

      It's summer in the northern hemisphere and it's my impression that
      summer brings a slowdown in geocaching. That's not what I would have
      predicted, but it seems to be true.

      --
      Scout http://Geodashing.org/GPSgames
    • Wiley Cox
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
        --- In gpsstash@yahoogroups.com, "Scout" <Scout@g...> wrote:
        > OK, it's July and I can't bear to see this old group risk going a
        > whole month without a post, so I'm going to get one posted early.
        >
        > It's summer in the northern hemisphere and it's my impression that
        > summer brings a slowdown in geocaching. That's not what I would
        have
        > predicted, but it seems to be true.
        >
        > --
        > Scout http://Geodashing.org/GPSgames

        I find I do much more caching in the summer than in the winter. In
        the wintertime, it's too cold and snowy for the wife and baby to come
        out to find caches, so even though the undergrowth is thicker, and
        the bugs more numerous, we do many more caches when the weather's
        warmer. I seem to see much more activity overall on my watched
        caches list during nice weather as well.

        -Scirocco of TeamWidget
      • Slith & t'sChillin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2003
          the reason this group could slow down in the summer is everyone is out caching instead of being at the computer?? down here in fla it the other way around this is when out caching slacks off due to the heat
          team dragon racing

          Wiley Cox wrote:

          > --- In gpsstash@yahoogroups.com, "Scout" <Scout@g...> wrote:
          > > OK, it's July and I can't bear to see this old group risk going a
          > > whole month without a post, so I'm going to get one posted early.
          > >
          > > It's summer in the northern hemisphere and it's my impression that
          > > summer brings a slowdown in geocaching. That's not what I would
          > have
          > > predicted, but it seems to be true.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Scout http://Geodashing.org/GPSgames
          >
          > I find I do much more caching in the summer than in the winter. In
          > the wintertime, it's too cold and snowy for the wife and baby to come
          > out to find caches, so even though the undergrowth is thicker, and
          > the bugs more numerous, we do many more caches when the weather's
          > warmer. I seem to see much more activity overall on my watched
          > caches list during nice weather as well.
          >
          > -Scirocco of TeamWidget
          >

          > The gpsstash page
          > http://www.geocaching.com
          >
          > Buxley's Geocaching Waypoint
          > http://www.brillig.com/geocaching/

        • Cory Goulding
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 10, 2003
            I too seek out most of my caches in the summer. This summer has been
            a busy one so I haven't been out on the cache hunts as much as I'd
            like but not to worry the busy has been all fun anyway just not much
            cache hunting.

            Hook