Re: GPS prices

  • LYNN KRAMER
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7, 2003
      you could be in luck if you go shopping on ebay.

      I got a nice new in the package magellan meridian model for under $60.
      I spent another $30 upgrading the memory installing a 64 mb chip,
      also on ebay or can be had at shopco for under $25 (i found out
      later).

      --- In gpsstash@yahoogroups.com, "Florian" <florian@b...> wrote:
      > >If I am willing to wait a year, do you think I will be able to buy
      > >GPS for under $50?
      >

      > I doubt it. I bought an eTrek soon after they came out for $99. And
      $99 is still about the best price you'll find. I doubt prices will
      come down below that for a "usable" GPS unit.

      > -Florian
    • Daves Radio "Shop"
      Message 2 of 9 , May 7, 2003
        I have a Megellen 310 I'll take 75.00 for it and ship it in the lower 48

        dave

        you could be in luck if you go shopping on ebay.

        I got a nice new in the package magellan meridian model for under $60.
        I spent another $30 upgrading the memory installing a 64 mb chip,
        also on ebay or can be had at shopco for under $25 (i found out
        later).

        --- In gpsstash@yahoogroups.com, "Florian" <florian@b...> wrote:
        > >If I am willing to wait a year, do you think I will be able to buy
        > >GPS for under $50?
        >

        > I doubt it. I bought an eTrek soon after they came out for $99. And
        $99 is still about the best price you'll find. I doubt prices will
        come down below that for a "usable" GPS unit.

        > -Florian

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        The gpsstash page
        http://www.geocaching.com

        Buxley's Geocaching Waypoint
        http://www.brillig.com/geocaching/

      • bucket1998
        Message 3 of 9 , May 8, 2003
          Always pays to watch ebay for a while and check doesn't it.

          Hook