GPS for Europe - Desperate!

  • rchuahy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2002
      Hi all,

      I am new to the group and look forward to participating. I could also
      use your help. I am traveling to the south of France in two weeks and
      renting a car. I am horrible with directions and in desperate need of
      a GPS system/software to help me.

      Here is the U.S., I have the Pocket CoPilot 2.0, but I haven't be
      able to find one that covers Europe. I have a HP Jornada 540 with
      32MB. I would like to find a software that I can use with the HP or
      an entire GPS gadget that works well in Europe. I am willing to also
      buy a flash card for the PDA if necessary. I would like to get
      something that is in color, door-to-door, voice activated and
      basically idiot proof.

      The only product I found so far was TeleType
      (http://www.teletype.com/index.html). Do you guys know if this is a
      good product? Any recommendations will be very helpful.

      Thanks a bunch in advance!
      Rafaella