Fw: Arizona Near Space_Rockzip

  • Jack Crabtree
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8 4:54 AM
      Just what we need, “millions of highballoons” floating around..

      Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:28 AM
      Subject: Arizona Near Space_Rockzip

      Dear Arizona Near Space Research,

      As fellow Near Space buffs we would like to ask your support as we launch a Kickstarter campaign on August 12th!

      Rockzip's mission to put millions of highballoons (high-altitude balloons) in the hands of the masses to enable people to carry out thousands of balloon-borne applications. Our $15,000 goal will have students flying tethered kits by 2015! The millions of future balloon applications will improve the lives of billions down on Earth.

      Please help join our pre-launch Thunderclap at:
      Let me know if you have any questions!

      Thank you,

      Austyn

      Austyn Crites
      Co-founder and President
      facebook.com/highballoons
      twitter.com/highballoons

    • Anthony Stirk
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8 5:43 AM
        I don't think they have thought about it. Leo and others (myself included) have spent a lot of time ensuring if we did enter air space of another country we did so comply as best we could with the radio regulations etc. For example Leo disables 70cms over China. However others may not be as careful and handing these balloons over to "millions" of people isn't going to end well.

        Additionally terminating balloon flights either remotely or automatically is something that can be complex and prone to failure.

        Additionally I've yet to see any actual technical detail from Rockzip just lots of marketing fluff like "improve the lives of billions down on Earth" . Making these balloons is very labour intensive, I've seen nothing yet that would make me throw money their way.

        Cheers,

        Anthony M0UPU

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 8 5:45 AM
          This will quickly have "rules" blanketed over this part of ham radio....shutting it down for us!

          ....Dave

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 8 9:31 AM

            I already  see though  the save the world BS. One of these days I going to start my own business  the old fashioned way- rise capital form investors and friends  than   beg strangers that get noting in return.

            Just what we need, “millions of highballoons” floating around..

            Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:28 AM

            Dear Arizona Near Space Research,

            As fellow Near Space buffs we would like to ask your support as we launch a Kickstarter campaign on August 12th!

            NO get a job