Gas Availability

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2014
      Helium will NOT be available at GPSL 2014.  Hydrogen will be running $60 per tank, delivered.

      I will be sending out an online invoice for those of you that have registered with the fact that you want a bottle sometime in the next week or two.  If you are needing gas and haven't already registered, please do that ASAP.

      Zack Clobes, W0ZC
      Project: Traveler
      www.projecttraveler.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2014
      Have you shopped around for your H2?

      60 bucks is extremely high. last we bought cost us 14 bucks.

      Joe WB9SBD
      Sig
      The Original Rolling Ball Clock
      Idle Tyme
      Idle-Tyme.com
      http://www.idle-tyme.com

      Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2014
      Try "NON MAIN" suppliers.

      That's what I learned. When I tried like Airgas. And other similar outfits I also had all those extra "Fee's" as well as the gas itself also being higher as you say there, very similar price upper 30's

      Then I tried a local farm supply store that sell welding supplies.

      Same tanks same everything.

      $19.20 last purchase.

      No deposits,

      No tank rentals

      nothing at all. and sometimes I have kept the tank for 5 years! not a penny in cost.

      Joe WB9SBD
      Sig
      The Original Rolling Ball Clock
      Idle Tyme
      Idle-Tyme.com
      http://www.idle-tyme.com
      On 3/5/2014 10:07 PM, Zack Clobes wrote:
      I've only got two main suppliers in Hutch and the other one irritates me to no end.

      The gas is actually something like $38, but then there's the tank "rental", delivery fee, plus a few bucks to cover my Paypal fees.  They'll deliver the tanks to the field on Friday, and pick up on Monday.

      On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM, Joe <nss@...> wrote:
      Have you shopped around for your H2?

      60 bucks is extremely high. last we bought cost us 14 bucks.

      Joe WB9SBD

      The Original Rolling Ball Clock
      Idle Tyme
      Idle-Tyme.com
      http://www.idle-tyme.com
      On 3/5/2014 9:38 PM, Zack Clobes wrote:

      Helium will NOT be available at GPSL 2014.  Hydrogen will be running $60 per tank, delivered.

      I will be sending out an online invoice for those of you that have registered with the fact that you want a bottle sometime in the next week or two.  If you are needing gas and haven't already registered, please do that ASAP.

      Zack Clobes, W0ZC
      Project: Traveler
      www.projecttraveler.org

    • wb8elk
      Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2014
      Same experience here with a local welding supply company (a Mom and Pop business) but my cost was $38 for the tank of hydrogen but no tank fees like AirGas does.

      - Bill