High-altitude balloon class information and guidance requested

  • ted0h
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2014
      Hi everyone,

      I just got approval to offer a high-altitude ballooning seminar to first-year students at my university.  The class will meet two hours a week for ten weeks.  Most of the participants will be freshmen, but I expect some transfer students as well.  I want to have it be as student-led as possible, with lots of small group work; the goal will be to launch (and recover!) a balloon into the stratosphere.  I know some of you have led similar classes, and I am asking for your help.  I would appreciate any advice, class materials such as syllabi or lesson plans, or other wisdom you would like to share.  Thanks for your help.

      Ted Hullar
      K5KZ
      UC Davis