13933Re: [GPSL] LOHAN spaceplane's b udget minicam punches well above its weight • The Register

    Apr 28, 2014
      This is an issue which can be discovered easily by a system integration
      test well in advance of a launch. We've got that T-shirt re 3rd
      harmonic of a 1W 425 MHz ATV transmitter vs. GPS in same payload.

      Strange that your issue didn't show up on the ground, though. Possible
      thermal issue?

      Our DVRs and GPS tracking beacons fly in separate payloads 2m or more
      apart. That works.

      73 de Mike W5VSI, EOSS

      On 4/28/14, 2:01, Anthony Stirk wrote:
      > Just watch proximity to GPS antennas . They can (and we suspect did on
      this flight) jam GPS out. The effect is not apparent on the ground but
      we had two trackers on the flight exhibit no locks just after launch
      until about 8km.

      > Anthony M0UPU
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      >> On 28 Apr 2014, at 03:56, Mike Manes <mrmanes@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Not too shabby for a $70 DVR! It's cold behavior could be
      >> cured nicely with a proper enclosure, e.g., EOSS DVR2.
      >> 73 de Mike W5VSI
      >>
      >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/25/lohan_dbcam_test/

      >> Yahoo Groups Links

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic