13923Re: [GPSL] RDF beacon

    Apr 16, 2014
      I've been working on a beacon like Harry's. I'll use it as part of a recovery packet that includes a strobe and a audio beacon. I should have something to show at GPSL.

      Paul

      On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 9:15 AM, HarryM <hhm_74115@...> wrote:

      Hi Mike,

      After almost loosing my payloads last year at GPSL I decided to replace my 12mw CW beacon with something more powerful. I decided to use an Alinco DJ-C1 which I added a K1EL KID http://k1el.tripod.com/KID.html . I made a PCB which holds the KID and a 5v reg. and placed it in the DJ-C1 in place of the internal battery and I use an external 12v DC supply. I’m still working on boosting my original beacon up from 12mw because it is a lot smaller, but for the time being the DJ-C1 will work.

      73 Harry KC5TRB
      O.R.B.

      DJ-C1 Beacon PCB 3

      In preparation for GPSL2014, does anyone have plans for a DIY RDF beacon that they would like to share?