Sat. In LAGUNA BEACH/SF\La Palma Park{Oakland}San Clemente>Phone

  • david_quinley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 10:57 PM
      2:00 PM SF: The San Francisco Mime Troupe's "Godfellas" (outdoor
      musical comedy) - Political http://www.sfmt.org/schedule/index.shtml

      Hip-Hop against Police Brutality, benefit for the Doe Family
      Concert/Show
      East Bay Area | Police State
      7:00 PM - 12:00 AM
      International Capoeira Angola Foundation, located at 2513 Magnolia
      St. Oakland CA 94607
      http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2006/08/16/18297897.php

      MORE INFO ON THIS @

      #4 EVERY SATURDAY:
      PEACE DEMO AT LAGUNA BEACH

      Please try to join us in this time of crisis.
      Thanks, Jeanie Bernstein

      Ongoing weekly - Saturday from 11:00 AM to
      1:00 PM, Laguna Beach Vigil for Peace in the Middle
      East and through out the World. Main Beach, Pacific
      Coast Highway and Ocean Avenue. There are signs
      at the vigil, or bring your own message opposing the
      "War against Terrorism", and demanding nonviolent
      solutions to conflict. For more information
      call 949-499-3190
      #5 Anaheim Food not Bombs every Saturday 1:00 PM
      in La Palma Park

      ANAHEIM FOOD NOT BOMBS
      Wage peace and protest the war and it's effect on our
      economy by coming to Anaheim to help serve food and
      break bread with fellow peace lovers! Food Not Bombs
      Anaheim feeds at La Palma Park every Saturday @ 1:00 pm.
      Feel free to contact Annaliesa @ 714) 526-3576 or by
      email @ foodnotbombsanaheim@...
      for more information.

      Can't come down to help in person? We are in desperate
      need of toiletries, clothes and eco-friendly
      cleaning/sanitizing products. If anyone has access to
      a photocopiers/xerox machines and would like to help
      us maintain our flyer/handout collection please do so,
      all help is greatly appreciated. Contact Annaliesa for
      more information.
      #6 San Clemente Food not Bombs every Saturday,
      3 PM

      From: Brokenswingset@...
      We have decided to move our serving day and free
      Market to Saturday, as opposed to Sunday. San
      Clemente Food Not Bombs, will be serving in Max Berg
      Park at 3pm every Saturday.

      Some new projects within San Clemente Food Not
      Bombs have been:

      providing clothes, house supplies, appliances, and anything
      else donated that would be of use to the lower income families
      which we work with in our community.
      Books Not Bombs. BNB collects and redistrubutes reading
      material, preferably progressive and historical writings,
      and offers them to the community at no cost. BNB looks to
      collect, among others, childrens books to be distrubuted to
      Las Palmas Elememtary School, located across from the
      park which SCFNB serves at.

      Finally, SCFNB has begun a small collection of youth working
      to send items and love into the prison industrial complex.

      Timmy and all of San Clemente Food Not Bombs

      SCFNB can be contacted at SCFNB@...

      Student Senate Council Meeting of Ca. Community Colleges - September
      2 & 3, 2006

      NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Student Senate for California
      Community Colleges (SSCCC) Student Senate Council will hold a regular
      meeting on Saturday, September 2, 2006 and Sunday, September 3, 2006
      in Sacramento, California. The meeting times and locations are noted
      below.

      Teleconference Dial-in Number
      1-866-316-1517
      Pass Code # 24914832
      For operator assistance during the conference, press *0

      Saturday, September 2, 2006 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
      Sunday, September 3, 2006 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM

      Hawthorn Suites
      Capitol Room
      321 Bercut Drive
      Sacramento, CA 95814

      Please refer to the attached agenda for additional information. The
      agenda is also available online at
      http://www.cccco.edu/divisions/ss/senate/senate.htm. Should you have
      any questions, please contact me at Melvin Haywood, Student Senate
      Council President, at
      mhaywood@....

      Reminder)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

      Labor Day Immigrant Rights March
      ANSWER Activist Meeting
      For more info on the following events, call 415-821-6545 or email
      answer@....
      ----------

      Sat. Sept. 2, 12noon - Help make signs for the Labor Day Immigrant
      Rights March
      2489 Mission St. Room 30 (at 21st St.) near 24th St. BART, #14, #49
      MUNI, San Francisco
      ----------

      Mon. Sept. 4, 10am
      Immigrant Rights March and Rally
      Gather Justin Herman Plaza (at Embarcadero), San Francisco
      March to Civic Center Plaza

      Join the ANSWER Coalition contingent - Look for the
      banner "Amnistia! Ful Right s for All Immigrants!"

      No displacement! No deportation!
      Legalization for all! Self-determination in the Bayview! Para Todos
      Todo!

      MARCH WITH US TO STOP:
      All of the anti-immigrant bills
      The militarization of the border
      The criminalization of immigrant communities
      The guest worker program
      The exploitation of hotel and restaurant workers
      The redevelopment agency plan to displace the residents of Bayview

      MARCH WITH US TO DEMAND:
      Amnesty for undocumented immigrants
      Immigrant family reunification
      Unconditional citizenship
      Labor rights and living wages for all workers
      Full equality for all immigrants

      Sponsored by the Regional Unity Coalition for Immigrant Rights 415-
      487-9203
      ----------

      Tues. Sept. 5, 7pm
      Weekly A.N.S.W.E.R. Activist Meeting
      2489 Mission St. Room 30 (at 21st St.) near 24th St. BART, #14, #49
      MUNI, San Francisco

      Join us for analysis and discussion:

      U.S. War Drive in the Middle East: Iran, Iraq, Lebanon
      Reportback from National Labor Day Immigrant Rights Marches
      Get involved in the struggle! Find out about upcoming ANSWER actions
      against war & racism at home and abroad.

      -----------

      A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition
      Act Now to Stop War & End Racism
      http://www.ANSWERcoalition.org http://www.actionsf.org
      sf@...
      2489 Mission St. Rm. 24
      San Francisco: 415-821-6545

      Make a tax-dedctible donation to A.N.S.W.E.R. by credit card over a
      secure server, learn how to donate by check.

      Unsubscribe from this list - if you experience a problem please
      email answer@...

      Your user name is: davidquinley@....
      Your site password is: dot668sax