fw: WE THE PLANET FALL TOUR STARTS SUNDAY IN SF

  • david_quinley
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      WE THE PLANET FALL TOUR UPDATE
      The We The Planet Fall Tour is leaving the Bay Area next week! The
      tour features Julia Butterfly Hill and our five-member team,
      traveling across the U.S. in the Planet Bus- the most eco-friendly
      vehicle on the road.

      Through more than a dozen stops at universities, colleges and
      conferences, the We the Planet Tour brings a message of
      sustainability and community-based solutions to thousands of people
      across the country. Fueled by 100% recycled veggie oil, and outfitted
      with state-of-the-art, energy-efficient appliances, a greywater
      reclamation system, solar panels and reclaimed materials throughout,
      the Planet Bus is the leading showcase for sustainable solutions (for
      details, see www.wetheplanet.org).

      Our kickoff event is THIS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2nd in SAN FRANCISCO at the
      Clean Fuel Convergence. If you're in the Bay Area, you won't want to
      miss this convergence of solution fuel experts and enthusiasts, fun
      and educational workshops and performances, and the We The Planet
      Tour Kickoff Media Event at 2pm, featuring Julia Butterfly Hill and
      other leading energy speakers highlighting the importance of solution
      fuels and how it fits into the larger movement of justice and
      sustainability. See details about Sunday's Clean Fuel Convergence
      below.

      In peace and solidarity,

      Megan and all of us here at Circle of Life

      ----------

      Check out our PLANET BUS tour schedule regularly to see if we will be
      in an area near you!
      FALL 2005 TOUR DATES:

      October 2nd - We the Planet Fall 2005 Tour Kick-off and Media Event!
      Clean Fuel Caravan Coalition Convergence
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-wTGgQjpgw3Zuk%401206227-HhdpF5X3eTEyM
      CELLSpace
      San Francisco, CA
      October 11th
      Ohio State University
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-8OdPzQLn2cxE.%401206228-MP0mv5KEUUplE
      Columbus, OH

      October 15th, 16th
      Bioneers by the Bay: Connecting for Change
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-CEKSjyF.9CofY%401206229-XDYWvm5YPea0c
      Marion, MA

      October 18th
      Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-uZniI7Ig9VaFQ%401206230-lk5oOUVhtqlJY
      Providence, RI

      October 19th
      Common Fire Event w/Kavitha Rao
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-3ef8NgjJsnMto%401206231-4pN1O3QKnZ/h6
      Germantown, NY

      October 20th
      SUNY New Paltz
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-Y8SCwZysiuflg%401206232-wV9z/VXRX7a2k
      New Paltz, NY

      October 21st
      Lower East Side Girls Club
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-xHtLHL23NEJtM%401206233-4n70.1IeT67kc
      New York City, NY

      October 26th
      Wake Forest University
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-5/zGKRLOmkfHA%401206234-mMTtYJpUsFWrc
      Winston-Salem, NC

      October 29th, 30th
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-k1.F/84VogHoI%401206235-6vyYB0yyS5BZY
      Guilford College
      Greensboro, NC

      November 2nd
      Florida Gulf Coast University
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-ilnFKbJ3pBRcg%401206243-.lwvawyBOeb3I
      Ft. Myers, FL

      November 3rd
      Edison Community College
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-FOR5ZtIH5V/aM%401206237-m6k6O5siv.diM
      Ft. Myers, FL

      November 11th
      Arizona Choices Expo
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-XIbLoUC40SC36%401206238-N1mRUrbyJs.Wo
      Tucson, AZ

      November 15th (PENDING)
      L.A. City College
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-SGWTPUsrB9XGY%401206239-5Kks/FNUi5g6s
      Los Angeles, CA

      November 16th (PENDING)
      CSU Fresno
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-iVK2mgjnw0U5Q%401206240-YJwVX4ZcJ1oc6
      Fresno, CA

      November 17th (PENDING)
      Pacifica Radio KFCF Benefit
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-gNaTBpObgSsyY%401206241-aCl6YRzWXKNKk
      Fresno, CA

      For more details about the Bus Tour, please check our website at
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-4em5R0wCkCN16%401206242-KYk82QRkniXgY.

      ----------

      CLEAN FUEL CONVERGENCE & WE THE PLANET TOUR KICKOFF
      Mission District, San Francisco, CA
      Sunday October 2nd
      12 Noon – 5pm Mission Village Market @ 18th and Florida Streets
      7pm-Midnight @CELLspace 2050 Bryant Street @ 18th St. SF

      Daytime Event
      Sunday, October 2nd 12 Noon-5pm, FREE @ Mission Village Market
      18th/Florida
      The Clean Fuel Caravan Coalition is hosting a Convergence for
      renewable fuel experts, enthusiasts, entertainers and everyone
      interested in learning about the alternatives to petroleum-based
      fuels. The Clean Fuel Convergence will feature workshops,
      demonstrations and speakers addressing fuel choices such as recycled
      vegetable oil, bio-diesel and ethanol. Be sure to check out the bus
      and car show featuring the latest in green vehicle design inside and
      out. For youth and families, we will be showcasing eco-games and
      recycled art exhibit.

      SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:

      Green Bus and Car Show: Noon – 5pm
      Circle of Life's We The Planet Fall 2005 Bus Tour Kickoff Media
      Event: 2pm
      (Julia Butterfly Hill, David Room – PostCarbon Institute, Jonathan
      Youtt – Clean Fuel Caravan Coalition)

      Workshops
      12pm Renewable Fuel Overview
      1pm BioFuels4Schools/Sustainable Living Roadshow
      1pm Planning your Vegetable Oil Conversion
      2-4pm Conversion Show& Tell – featuring buses & cars
      2pm Intro to Ethanol
      3pm Fuel Filter Change Demonstration
      3pm Connecting Local, National/Global Environmental and Social
      Justice Issues
      4pm Q&A – Open Forum
      4pm For Ladies Only – An Informal Bio-fuel Discussion

      Evening Event
      Sunday, October 2nd , $10-50 Sliding Scale @ CELLspace, 2050 Bryant
      St. SF
      From 7pm to Midnight, the Clean Fuel Caravan Coalition will host an
      evening celebration to benefit the Sustainable Living Roadshow,
      featuring Julia Butterfly Hill (Circle of Life), Becky White and the
      O2 Collective, Big Tadoo Puppet Crew, Members of Hamsa Lila,
      Aphrodesia, Batmakumba, the SF Mime Troupe and the veggie-powered
      bluegrass string band.

      The Clean Fuel Caravan Coalition is a group of existing organizations
      that utilize clean-fuels (Biodiesel, Ethanol, Recycled Veggie Oil,
      Hydrogen, Hybrid, etc) in our ongoing educational tours to share
      ideas and resources about sustainable living. We tour using clean
      fuels in response to the cycle of global and environmental crisis
      perpetuated by the petroleum fuel economy. We are currently
      organizing the Sustainable Living Roadshow for 2006.

      Contact : Trevitt Schultz
      Clean Fuel Caravan Coalition
      707-849-6509
      buddhaonthebus@...
      http://m1e.net/c?28157700-1HjQ64XCN/xBA%401206227-1kQBL67W7dFYg

      To unsubscribe/change profile: click here

      To subscribe: click here

      Our address: P.O. Box 3764
      Oakland, California 94609

      This message was sent to you because you are an existing
      customer/member.
      Email list management powered by http://mailermailer.com/