Re: [govtrack] Committee-related data changes

  • Eric Mill
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 8, 2011
      But it doesn't have subcommittees, which I think is what Josh meant.

      On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Derek Willis <dwillis@...> wrote:

      The Senate assignments are now in the XML data:

      Derek

      On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Eric Mill <eric@...> wrote:

      Ah, I didn't look at the House closely enough.

      But the Senate upstream is actually up to date:

      For example, Sen. Rand Paul appears there.

      -- Eric

      On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
      > Sweet, thanks for letting us know about this. An issue to report though:
      > /data/us/112/committees.xml is missing Senators and Representatives new
      > to the 112th.

      Actually I'm pretty sure it's missing all representatives entirely. :) I'm waiting for clerk.house.gov to publish committee assignments. I'll look into the Senate assignments but it's probably an upstream issue (i.e. the Senate, ugh).

      - Josh Tauberer
      - CivicImpulse

      http://razor.occams.info
      http://www.civicimpulse.com

      "Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation!  Yields

      On 02/08/2011 10:19 AM, Eric Mill wrote:

      Sweet, thanks for letting us know about this. An issue to report though:
      /data/us/112/committees.xml is missing Senators and Representatives new
      to the 112th.

      It has a few new Senators (Kirk, Manchin, Coons), but only ones that
      were sworn in during the 111th session as a result of winning a special
      election.

      Same for the House - for example, Rep. Hurt from VA-5 is absent from the
      listings.

      -- Eric

      On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...
      <mailto:tauberer@...>> wrote:

         I've just made some data format changes. It's effective immediately
         because I had broken the data anyway.

         us/[session]/people.xml
         -----------------------
         Removed: committee-assignment elements giving the current committee
         assignments of members. You can find this in
         us/[session]/committees.xml instead.

         us/[session]/committeeschedule.xml
         New: Attribute committee-id giving the ID of the committee named, e.g.
         "SSEG", which ties to us/committees.xml and
         us/[session]/committees.xml.

         http://razor.occams.info | www.govtrack.us <http://www.govtrack.us>

         govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com <mailto:govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com>
         govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com