Re: [govtrack] Committee-related data changes

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 8, 2011
      Oh and I've just updated the file. Thanks.

      - Josh Tauberer
      - CivicImpulse

      http://razor.occams.info
      http://www.civicimpulse.com

    • Derek Willis
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 8, 2011
        The Senate assignments are now in the XML data:

        Derek

        On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
        > Sweet, thanks for letting us know about this. An issue to report though:
        > /data/us/112/committees.xml is missing Senators and Representatives new
        > to the 112th.

        Actually I'm pretty sure it's missing all representatives entirely. :) I'm waiting for clerk.house.gov to publish committee assignments. I'll look into the Senate assignments but it's probably an upstream issue (i.e. the Senate, ugh).

        - Josh Tauberer
        - CivicImpulse

        http://razor.occams.info
        http://www.civicimpulse.com

        "Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation!  Yields

        <mailto:tauberer@...>> wrote:

           I've just made some data format changes. It's effective immediately
           because I had broken the data anyway.

           us/[session]/people.xml
           -----------------------
           Removed: committee-assignment elements giving the current committee
           assignments of members. You can find this in
           us/[session]/committees.xml instead.

           us/[session]/committeeschedule.xml
           ----------------------------------
           New: Attribute committee-id giving the ID of the committee named, e.g.
           "SSEG", which ties to us/committees.xml and
           us/[session]/committees.xml.

           http://razor.occams.info | www.govtrack.us <http://www.govtrack.us>
           | civicimpulse.com <http://civicimpulse.com>

           govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com <mailto:govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com>
           govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Eric Mill
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 8, 2011
          But it doesn't have subcommittees, which I think is what Josh meant.