Re: [govtrack] Committee-related data changes

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 8, 2011
      Ahha, they must have updated it in the last week or so. For some reason
      I don't run that scraper on a regular basis because I'm afraid it will
      break.

      Sadly, I get Senate committee assignments from

      http://senate.gov/pagelayout/committees/b_three_sections_with_teasers/membership.htm

      because it has subcommittee assignments. Another case where there is
      some XML but it is not worth it because they have deeper information in
      unstructured format...

      - Josh Tauberer
      - CivicImpulse

      http://razor.occams.info
      http://www.civicimpulse.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 8, 2011
        Oh and I've just updated the file. Thanks.

      • Derek Willis
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 8, 2011
          The Senate assignments are now in the XML data:

          Derek

          On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
          > Sweet, thanks for letting us know about this. An issue to report though:
          > /data/us/112/committees.xml is missing Senators and Representatives new
          > to the 112th.

          Actually I'm pretty sure it's missing all representatives entirely. :) I'm waiting for clerk.house.gov to publish committee assignments. I'll look into the Senate assignments but it's probably an upstream issue (i.e. the Senate, ugh).

          - Josh Tauberer
          - CivicImpulse

          http://razor.occams.info
          http://www.civicimpulse.com

          "Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation!  Yields

          <mailto:tauberer@...>> wrote:

             I've just made some data format changes. It's effective immediately
             because I had broken the data anyway.

             us/[session]/people.xml
             -----------------------
             Removed: committee-assignment elements giving the current committee
             assignments of members. You can find this in
             us/[session]/committees.xml instead.

             us/[session]/committeeschedule.xml
             ----------------------------------
             New: Attribute committee-id giving the ID of the committee named, e.g.
             "SSEG", which ties to us/committees.xml and
             us/[session]/committees.xml.

             http://razor.occams.info | www.govtrack.us <http://www.govtrack.us>
             | civicimpulse.com <http://civicimpulse.com>

             govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com <mailto:govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com>
             govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Eric Mill
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 8, 2011
            But it doesn't have subcommittees, which I think is what Josh meant.