Re: [govtrack] AroundTheCapitol.com

  • Scott Lay
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
      I'm in full agreement that a common format would be beneficial and would
      be happy to help work on defining it. I have four categories of
      visitors to AroundTheCapitol.com 1) California legislative/political
      insiders that use it several times per week; 2) politically interested
      citizens that monitor developments (such as the "bench" of future
      candidates), 3) people that land via a search engine to find some facts
      or two, and 4) policy people from across the country looking for
      California information affecting their policy arena.

      Imagine one database of federal and state legislation searchable by
      anyone, fed by feeds served by those of us in our respective states. It
      would be truly powerful and would meet the needs of trade associations,
      businesses and various other people. Of course, StateNet would freak
      out, but they already are over these sites.

      Anyway, that's just my morning thought for the day.

      Scott