An action that should be a vote

  • Eric Mill
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2011
      Caught one on the vote to raise the federal debt ceiling last session:
      http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/bills/hj45.xml

      The House had a roll call vote that is listed as an <action>.

      -- Eric
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2011
        This is a weird one. They considered two parts of the bill separately,
        with the roll call relevant to only one part. I think this is beyond
        what I can mark up...

        On 01/16/2011 01:17 PM, Eric Mill wrote:
        > Caught one on the vote to raise the federal debt ceiling last session:
        > http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/bills/hj45.xml
        >
        > The House had a roll call vote that is listed as an<action>.
        >
        > -- Eric

      • Eric Mill
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2011
          Hmm, I see what you mean. But it's still a <vote> anyway though, right? Even if part of it got "deemed" agreed to pursuant to some rule resolution, and the other part got agreed to via roll call. Or do other things in your system depend on <vote>'s only applying to full bills?

          -- Eric

          On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
          This is a weird one. They considered two parts of the bill separately, with the roll call relevant to only one part. I think this is beyond what I can mark up...

          On 01/16/2011 01:17 PM, Eric Mill wrote:
          Caught one on the vote to raise the federal debt ceiling last session:
          http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/bills/hj45.xml

          The House had a roll call vote that is listed as an<action>.

          -- Eric

          <*>  Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*>  To change settings online go to:

          <*>  To change settings via email:
              govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com
              govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          <*>  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

          <*>  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/