Difference between an amendment's description and purpose?

  • Eric Mill
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2011
      Is there any difference between an amendment's description and
      purpose? Even when they are technically different, it only seems to be
      by a slight rephrasing.

      Just curious.

      -- Eric
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2011
        I've got no insight on that one. Keep in mind the House and Senate may
        use the fields differently.

        - Josh Tauberer
        - CivicImpulse

        http://razor.occams.info
        http://www.civicimpulse.com

        On 01/10/2011 02:58 PM, Eric Mill wrote:
        > Is there any difference between an amendment's description and
        > purpose? Even when they are technically different, it only seems to be
        > by a slight rephrasing.
        >
        > Just curious.
        >
        > -- Eric

      • Peggy Garvin
        Message 3 of 4 , May 26, 2011
          Does GovTrack draw on tweets tagged in format "#usbill #hrN?"

          Peggy
          Message 4 of 4 , May 26, 2011
            No. Maybe I should add something like that....