Re: Issue with rsync

  • Yannick Assogba
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
      I think you need a target path as the final argument to rsync. So for example 'rsync -azv --progress --stats govtrack.us::govtrackdata/us/112/people.xml .' (note the '.' (dot) at the end) will copy the file to the current directory.

      More generally you can do 'rsync -azv --progress --stats govtrack.us::govtrackdata/us/112/people.xml /path/to/where/thefile' should go.

      Hope this helps
      Yannick
    • Luigi Montanez
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
        You need to specify your local filename at the end of the command:

        rsync -azv --progress --stats govtrack.us::govtrackdata/us/112/people.xml people.xml

        On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM, andy51488 <andy.j.balan@...> wrote:

        Command: rsync -azv --progress --stats govtrack.us::govtrackdata/us/112/people.xml

        Returns:
        receiving incremental file list
        -rw-r--r-- 427313 2011/01/07 12:06:47 people.xml

        Number of files: 1
        Number of files transferred: 0
        Total file size: 427213 bytes
        Total transferred file size: 0 bytes
        Literal data: 0 bytes
        Matched data: 0 bytes
        File list size: 28
        File list generation time: 0.001 seconds
        File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
        Total bytes sent: 34
        Total bytes received: 64

        sent 34 bytes received 64 bytes 65.33 bytes/sec
        total size is 427213 speedup is 4359.32

        --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, David Steinbrunner <dsteinbrunner@...> wrote:

        > On 1/7/11 2:53 PM, "andy51488" <andy.j.balan@...> wrote:
        >
        > >I've been trying to use rsync on the data for the 112th, but for some
        > >reason the files aren't transferring. My server can connect to govtrack
        > >just fine and read the files, but they aren't being copied back to me. I
        > >use an Ubuntu server. I'm also fairly new to programming...any thoughts
        > >off the top of your head for why this isn't working? Any other info you
        > >would want me to provide to help solve this?
        >
        > What does your rsync command look like and does the resulting output look
        > like?
        >
        > --
        > David Steinbrunner

      • andy51488
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
          You guys are awesome. Thank you very much!