Re: [govtrack] Unrecorded Votes

  • David Steinbrunner
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 6, 2011
      On 1/6/11 10:05 AM, "Derek Willis" <dwillis@...> wrote:

      >I've contacted the Clerk's office before about this issue but it's
      >still there, so take that for what it's worth. I should note that in
      >Gary Miller's case, as in Peter DeFazio of Oregon this term, the seat
      >is "vacant" because both men were not present on the first day of the
      >session to be sworn in, and thus were not sworn in at that time. So
      >the Clerk is technically correct, I suppose, even though DeFazio is
      >the duly elected member from Oregon's 4th District. But if they're not
      >sworn in, they can't vote, so I don't think this is truly an error.

      So the Clerk's site currently saying 0 vacancies is technically not
      correct it seems.

      In the subject of vacancy data, having a sworn in date or datetime would
      be helpful for this type of situation.

      Thanks again,

      --
      David Steinbrunner
    • Derek Willis
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 6, 2011
        Well, DeFazio was just sworn in, so now it's correct :-)