Re: [govtrack] Numerical methods for determining leadership and ideology in Congress [2 Attachments]

  • Aaron Swartz
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2010
      I assume a big part is because Reid introduces bills and Pelosi
      doesn't. I'm not sure why that is, though. I think part of it is
      because the Speaker is traditionally supposed to be apolitical (e.g.
      doesn't vote, either).
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2010
        I guess that must be it. The other partisan majority leadership
        positions are also relatively depressed compared to what's seen in the
        Senate, though.