Suggestions/Directions on Votes

  • Jeff Dircksen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2010
      My apologies if this is a simple question, but I'm looking for suggestions, directions, tips to do the following:  download all House and Senate roll call votes for 2010 and then load them into Access.  Is this easy to do -- especially for someone who isn't a programmer?

      Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
    • Eric Mill
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2010
        The roll calls for 2010 are all here (the ones starting with "h2010-" and "s2010-"):

        I think that Access has some sort of crude XML import feature, but I don't know how well it would work on these. If it doesn't work well, then you'd need to do a bit of programming to finesse them in.

        -- Eric

        On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Jeff Dircksen <jeffdircksen@...> wrote:

        My apologies if this is a simple question, but I'm looking for suggestions, directions, tips to do the following:  download all House and Senate roll call votes for 2010 and then load them into Access.  Is this easy to do -- especially for someone who isn't a programmer?

        Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

      • jeffdircksen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
          I've tried importing the roll call data into both Excel and Access without much luck.

          Anyone know of a programmer who knows Access and who can work with XML data -- and who is looking for a project with a psychic reward for a job well done rather than a lot of cash?

          Jeff