Re: [govtrack] Bills Voting Schedule

  • Derek Willis
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2010
      We attempt to provide that information in our Congress API, but Peggy's right; it's a fluid situation.

      In addition to the sources she mentions, Thomas provides RSS feeds of each chamber's floor schedule:

      Derek Willis

      On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Peggy Garvin <pgrvn@...> wrote:

      Great question. Vote schedules are not announced (officially) more than a week in advance and they are always subject to change. Looking forward to hearing any other replies. My document-based knowledge:

      House-side,

      http://www.majorityleader.gov/email_and_rss/

      Senate-side:

      http://democrats.senate.gov/calendar/

      Changes announced day before: Daily Digest section of Congressional Record
      Changes announced day of: C-Span, other news sources
      Also see the House Floor Now & Senate Floor Now links in the top right corner of THOMAS.gov.

      Leadership can change the schedule if they want; for instance, if they realize they do not yet have enough votes to pass.

      Peggy
      peggy@...