Bills Voting Schedule

  • davetorres001
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2010
      It would be helpful to me to be able to know when a bill in congress is going to be voted on before the actual vote.

      Is that schedule in the data somewhere. I've looked but can't find any reference.
    • Peggy Garvin
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2010
        Great question. Vote schedules are not announced (officially) more than a week in advance and they are always subject to change. Looking forward to hearing any other replies. My document-based knowledge:

        House-side,

        http://www.majorityleader.gov/email_and_rss/

        Senate-side:

        http://democrats.senate.gov/calendar/

        Changes announced day before: Daily Digest section of Congressional Record
        Changes announced day of: C-Span, other news sources
        Also see the House Floor Now & Senate Floor Now links in the top right corner of THOMAS.gov.

        Leadership can change the schedule if they want; for instance, if they realize they do not yet have enough votes to pass.

        Peggy
        peggy@...

        It would be helpful to me to be able to know when a bill in congress is going to be voted on before the actual vote.

        Is that schedule in the data somewhere. I've looked but can't find any reference.

      • Derek Willis