Re: [govtrack] URN's and other things

  • Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2005
      DD wrote:
      > Based on a suggestion of one of an aggregator company tech guy, I have
      > been investigating the use of the <cite> tag to allow for citations
      > for congressional legislation.

      <cite> is an HTML tag, btw, though that's not necessarily a problem. I
      just wanted to point it out.

      People often link to something they're citing, and that might make an
      additional tag cumbersome, e.g.:

      or

      Another idea is to tack on an attribute to an existing tag around the
      citation, e.g.:

      If the citation isn't a link, a <span> tag could be used to host the
      attribute.