Re: [govtrack] Delta bill data

  • Eric Mill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
      You might find the Drumbone API useful for that, as it has a
      last_action_at timestamp that you can sort on. It doesn't support
      date range requests (yet), but you could always ask for the last X
      bills, and go back as far as you need to get the last 24 hours.

      http://services.sunlightlabs.com/docs/Drumbone_API/Bill/

      -- Eric

      On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Jack <jangelo42@...> wrote:
      > Has anyone found a way to only pull bill data from bills that have had a last action update in say the last 24 hours?  I would like to be able to create a list of bills that have been acted on without having to do a bulk load and compare?
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > jack

    • Jack
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
        Some days I am so dense.

        Obviously I can just look at the last modified date for each bill in the bills subdirectory unless someone has a better idea that gets be to the exact data that changed in the bill. (for example - added a new co-sponsor).

        --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jangelo42@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone found a way to only pull bill data from bills that have had a last action update in say the last 24 hours? I would like to be able to create a list of bills that have been acted on without having to do a bulk load and compare?
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > jack

      • Jack Angelo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
          Eric,  thanks.  I will check it out.

          jack

          On Jun 16, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Eric Mill wrote:

          You might find the Drumbone API useful for that, as it has a
          last_action_at timestamp that you can sort on. It doesn't support
          date range requests (yet), but you could always ask for the last X
          bills, and go back as far as you need to get the last 24 hours.

          http://services.sunlightlabs.com/docs/Drumbone_API/Bill/

          -- Eric

          On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Jack <jangelo42@...> wrote:
          > Has anyone found a way to only pull bill data from bills that have had a last action update in say the last 24 hours?  I would like to be able to create a list of bills that have been acted on without having to do a bulk load and compare?
          >
          > thanks,
          >
          > jack

          Jack Angelo

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
            You can do that. Or look at the updated attribute at the root node
            (which reflects the last time the underlying source for the information
            was checked, which could be earlier than the last modified date if a
            cached copy of the source data was used on a re-scan after a scraper
            update). Unless you're doing this on-the-fly, it doesn't take very long
            to parse each bill file.

            But I was going to suggest what Eric said anyway.