Re: [govtrack] Last 7 house vote XML docs have a bad voter row

  • Eric Mill
    Message 1 of 6 , May 24, 2010
      Another five roll call files with legislator IDs of "0", h2010-86
      through h2010-90. Not sure who that's for.

      Also, as a heads up, you've got another couple new legislators coming
      in - Rep. Critz from PA-12 was sworn in recently, and Charles Djou
      from Hawaii will be sworn in any day now.

      -- Eric

      On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
      > Hi, everyone. Sorry for being silent --- busy week.
      >
      > On 04/16/2010 11:39 AM, Eric Mill wrote:
      >>
      >> Just caught this - h2010-205 through h2010-211 all have a mysterious
      >> voter with no ID or district information:
      >>
      >> <voter id="0" vote="+" value="Yea" state="" district=""/>
      >>
      >> This only appeared last night, and only in these 7 files.
      >
      > Zeroes there mean people who couldn't be matched up in the database, usually
      > newly minted members of congress. Usually I notice error messages for these,
      > but there's a low signal-to-noise ratio in all the error output from my data
      > gathering scripts so I often miss these things.
      >
      > It's now fixed. Thanks.
      >
      > Josh

    • Eric Mill
      Message 2 of 6 , May 25, 2010
        This article says it'll happen by 5pm today:
        http://watchdog.org/4001/hours-until-hawaii-congressman-elect-djou-is-sworn-in/

        -- Eric

      • Derek Willis
        Message 3 of 6 , May 25, 2010
          It already happened - he was sworn in and he was eligible for votes starting with 296.

          Derek