Re: [govtrack] Last 7 house vote XML docs have a bad voter row

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2010
      Hi, everyone. Sorry for being silent --- busy week.

      On 04/16/2010 11:39 AM, Eric Mill wrote:
      > Just caught this - h2010-205 through h2010-211 all have a mysterious
      > voter with no ID or district information:
      >
      > <voter id="0" vote="+" value="Yea" state="" district=""/>
      >
      > This only appeared last night, and only in these 7 files.

      Zeroes there mean people who couldn't be matched up in the database,
      usually newly minted members of congress. Usually I notice error
      messages for these, but there's a low signal-to-noise ratio in all the
      error output from my data gathering scripts so I often miss these things.

      It's now fixed. Thanks.

      Josh
    • Eric Mill
      Message 2 of 6 , May 24 1:42 PM
        Another five roll call files with legislator IDs of "0", h2010-86
        through h2010-90. Not sure who that's for.

        Also, as a heads up, you've got another couple new legislators coming
        in - Rep. Critz from PA-12 was sworn in recently, and Charles Djou
        from Hawaii will be sworn in any day now.

        -- Eric

        Message 3 of 6 , May 24 5:29 PM
          > Another five roll call files with legislator IDs of "0", h2010-86
          > through h2010-90. Not sure who that's for.

          Fixed. Note sure who it was either but I re-scanned them and they're ok
          now. Thanks.

          > Also, as a heads up, you've got another couple new legislators coming
          > in - Rep. Critz from PA-12 was sworn in recently, and Charles Djou
          > from Hawaii will be sworn in any day now.

          I got Critz (thanks to Steve Toub from MAPLight). Someone should ping me
          when Djou gets sworn in. I'll be at the Gov 2.0 Expo and then apartment
          hunting in DC later this week (drop me a line if anyone wants to meet
          up), and then I'll be 'on assignment' for another gig, so I might not
          make updates quickly till mid next week.

          On 05/24/2010 04:42 PM, Eric Mill wrote:
          > Another five roll call files with legislator IDs of "0", h2010-86
          > through h2010-90. Not sure who that's for.
          >
          > Also, as a heads up, you've got another couple new legislators coming
          > in - Rep. Critz from PA-12 was sworn in recently, and Charles Djou
          > from Hawaii will be sworn in any day now.
          >
          > -- Eric
          >
          > On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Josh Tauberer<tauberer@...> wrote:
          >> Hi, everyone. Sorry for being silent --- busy week.
          >>
          >> On 04/16/2010 11:39 AM, Eric Mill wrote:
          >>>
          >>> Just caught this - h2010-205 through h2010-211 all have a mysterious
          >>> voter with no ID or district information:
          >>>
          >>> <voter id="0" vote="+" value="Yea" state="" district=""/>
          >>>
          >>> This only appeared last night, and only in these 7 files.
          >>
          >> Zeroes there mean people who couldn't be matched up in the database, usually
          >> newly minted members of congress. Usually I notice error messages for these,
          >> but there's a low signal-to-noise ratio in all the error output from my data
          >> gathering scripts so I often miss these things.
          >>
          >> It's now fixed. Thanks.
          >>
          >> Josh

        • Eric Mill
          Message 4 of 6 , May 25 9:23 AM
            This article says it'll happen by 5pm today:
            http://watchdog.org/4001/hours-until-hawaii-congressman-elect-djou-is-sworn-in/

            -- Eric

          • Derek Willis
            Message 5 of 6 , May 25 2:21 PM
              It already happened - he was sworn in and he was eligible for votes starting with 296.

              Derek