votesmart id problems in people.xml?

  • skyebend
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2010
      Hi govtrackers,
      We just discovered that there are some votesmart ids in people.xml that
      are appearing more than once, and a wrong when we check against
      votesmart. Does anyone know if these ids come from Sunlight, or are
      they matched by govtrack? Some of these with the same id are in adjacent
      rows in the
      file (when alphabetical), which seems suspicious.

      837 should be Baird, not Baker
      60032 should be Carney
      55787 should be Langevin
      26768 should be Harman
      26723 should be Lincoln not Lott
      23797 Wu not Wynn
      12080 Lincon Davis, not Jo Ann Davis

      worried that there may be other non-dupes that are also errors, I'll
      check after we get the lastnames loaded from votesmart.

      best,
      -skye
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2010
        Hey, Skye. As I have to say from time to time- apologies for not
        responding to your first email off list.

        I don't know where the votesmart ids came from. I think either I entered
        them by hand or took them from Sunlight.

        I've cleared the ID for the wrong halves of the dups, since I'm not
        finding a quick way to look up the IDs for them --- they seem to be out
        of office. (The IDs aren't recycled by PVS, I hope...)

        Thanks.