Removal of Unix date attributes

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2010
      A while back I mentioned that I'd be removing from the GovTrack source
      XML data any date attributes in the Unix time format (seconds from
      1/1/1970), which have long been obsoleted in favor of "datetime"
      attributes that use a more reader friendly and timezone friendly format.

      This is fair warning that the Unix time attributes will be disappearing
      very soon now.

      The only exception are
      http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/congress.nextsession.house and the
      parallel senate file. Those will remain as Unix times for the
      foreseeable future so that I don't break things for others without a
      transition period.

    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 2010
        Thanks Josh, this answers an open question of mine. Would it be reasonable to ask for a new xml file that contains elements for next sessions and attributes for where(house & senate) and datetime? Obviously I can create my own local file, but it would be nice to have the source originate from GovTrack at some point in time. Thanks again.

        jrw