Fwd: [COMFOOD:] USDA’s Open Gov Plan (new website: usda.gov/open)

  • Margie Roswell
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 326 Bytes
    From the Community Food Security Coalition Email list:

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Daniel Bowman Simon <daniel@...>
    Date: Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    Subject: [COMFOOD:] USDA’s Open Gov Plan (new website: usda.gov/open)
    To: Comfood <comfood@...>

    From http://www.usda.gov/open

    On January 29, 2010, the United States Department of Agriculture
    launched its Open Government Webpage. In line with the Directive, the
    USDA Open Government Webpage serves as a portal to our activities
    related to transparency, participation, collaboration, innovation and
    datasets. On our Open Page, the public can learn about and comment on
    USDA information such as available and proposed datasets, records,
    reports & other resources. You can also rank topics based on what you
    feel is most important to help us prioritize future actions. The
    public can also of post their ideas about transparency, participation,
    collaboration and innovation. Here, they can also submit comments or
    vote on other ideas.

    This participation will help us create USDA’s Open Gov Plan and be
    more innovative & efficient. To help us create the Open plan, join the
    discussion to help create the plan.

    We are seeking input from the public for ideas and help us create the
    USDA Open Gov Plan – our plan for how we’ll move forward to ensure we
    are delivering the most open and responsive government possible. We’ve
    divided this space into a number of areas to focus on Transparency,
    Participation, Collaboration, Innovation & Datasets. To do this, we
    are utilizing an idea generation and collaborative tool that will
    allow participants to suggest new ideas and vote and comment on
    others. We will have active participation and moderation within USDA's
    Open Gov Plan and Communications Working Groups to ensure we capture
    ideas, leverage what information and insights we can, and stimulate
    deeper conversation as ideas begin to flow.

    * http://www.usda.gov/open is part of the Obama administration's Open
    Government Initiative http://www.whitehouse.gov/open/

    Comfood posting guidelines:
    http://foodsecurity.org/Comfood_Posting_Guidelines.pdf

    SUBSCRIBING AND UNSUBSCRIBING TO COMFOOD:

    You can subscribe to COMFOOD by going here:
    https://elist.tufts.edu/wws/subscribe/comfood

    You can unsubscribe to COMFOOD by going here :
    https://elist.tufts.edu/wws/signoff/comfood

    --
    Margie
    http://www.BaltimoreUrbanAg.org